- How far in advance do I need to order?
- We offer same and next day service depending on availability in your service area. A good rule of thumb is to allow at least one extra business day for processing. Regarding weekend processing, if you need a dumpster on a Monday, it is best to call by Friday 3:00PM EST.
- Is service available 24 hours?
- Our professional sales staff is available to take your calls Monday through Friday 8AM-4:30PM EST. We have an answering service that is available 24 hours a day. We will return calls left with our answering service the following business day.
- How do I change or cancel an order?
- You can cancel an order anytime by calling 877.853.2922. Please have your order confirmation or order number available when you call. If your cancelation occurs with less than 24 hours till your scheduled delivery, a cancellation fee of $75 will apply.
- What if I need a larger container?
- Our professional staff will work with you to determine the right size dumpster for your project. If you decide you need a larger dumpster, please call us at 877.853.2922 at least one business day before the date of delivery so we can meet your needs.
- What if I need an extra haul?
- You can always have additional hauls as you need them. The cost for each additional haul is the same as the quoted price for your initial order.
- What if I need to keep my container longer/have it removed sooner?
- If you need your dumpster longer than the 10 day rental period, please call our courteous sales staff at least one day prior to your scheduled pick-up to allow for processing and scheduling. The rate for additional days is $10 per day. If you want your dumpster picked up early, just call us and we can usually accommodate you. Please allow one business day from the time you call to allow for processing and scheduling. Note that there are no discounts applied to dumpsters used for less than 10 days.
- Is there a fee for delivery?
- Depending on jobsite location there may be a fee for delivery of the first dumpster. There is no additional delivery fee for exchanges (i.e. dump and returns).
- How large of a space do I need for the container for delivery?
- A good rule of thumb is to allow for at least double the size of the container. For approximate sizes for each size dumpster, see our Roll Off Dumpster 101 page.
- Will it damage my new driveway?
- Dumpsters are not light. We highly recommend that the customer protect any surface where the roll-off is going to be placed with 4’ x 8’ sheets of plywood. Plywood should be placed under each of the rollers. Customer affirms that any right-of-way provided by customer (disclosed in delivery questions) for the roll-off container is sufficient to bear the weight of all contractors’ equipment and vehicles required to perform the contracted service. The customer assumes all liabilities for damages to private driving surfaces, pavement or road surfaces and entire container placement site. The contractor shall not be responsible for any damages to any private driving surface, pavement or accompanying subsurface of any route associated to perform the service that was contracted.
- Can I put the container on the street?
- Please check with your local municipality. Permits may be required.
- What if the driver comes for delivery or removal and I am not ready for the container to be dropped or removed?
- A $100 trip charge will be added to your initial quote.
- Is it necessary for someone to be there when they deliver or remove my container?
- It is not necessary to have someone onsite for delivery or removal of the container. However, please be as specific as possible when answering the delivery questions, as the driver will use their best judgment and place the container in the safest accessible area when delivering the container. If an onsite contact is not available for delivery, you will be responsible for all charges involved with relocation of the dumpster should it be necessary. For removal; customer agrees to provide unobstructed access to the equipment on the scheduled pick-up day; if equipment is inaccessible customer is subject to additional pick-up charges, as terms and conditions apply.
Trash Restrictions and Guidelines
- What can I put in my dumpster?
- Dumpsters can be used for general waste which is typically anything involved with a general cleanup around the house and property that is neither liquid nor of a hazardous nature. DO NOT PUT: Bricks, concrete, food waste, asbestos, hazardous waste, chemicals, insulation materials, liquids, gas bottles, tires, mattresses, computer monitors or hard drives in the dumpster.
- What items are prohibited?
- Hazardous waste, dirt, industrial waste, chemical products, oil filters, herbicides & pesticides, radioactive material, solvents, paint (except completely dried latex paint cans, no liquids), other flammable liquids, aerosol cans, propane tanks, motor oil, transmission oil/lubricating/hydraulic oil, contaminated soils (mixed with solvents, gasoline, etc.), antifreeze, appliances, petroleum-contaminated soil/lead paint chips, tires, batteries, computers, monitors, televisions, microwaves, fluorescent tubes, railroad ties, medical waste, asbestos, and all liquids. Additional requirements may apply based upon local and/or landfill ordinances.
- How high can I fill the dumpster?
- Dumpsters can be filled level to the top, except for the Clean Concrete waste type. This dumpster must not be filled any further than half way due to weight restrictions. (Haulers face prosecution for unsafe or overweight loads).
- What is General Waste Debris?
- Light waste from a house hold cleanup; you may also put green waste in this receptacle. DO NOT PUT: Bricks, concrete, food waste, asbestos, hazardous waste, chemicals, insulation materials, liquids, gas bottles, tires, mattresses, computer monitors or hard drives in the dumpster.
- What is Clean Construction Debris?
- Wood, Plaster, Insulation, Styrofoam, Tiles, Shingle, Ceramic Goods, Sheet Rock/Drywall.
- What is Clean Concrete?
- Concrete ONLY. DO NOT PUT: Anything other than clean concrete in this receptacle. NO bricks, asphalt or ceramics.
- What does the price include?
- The price includes equipment rental for 10 days, pick-up, disposal and taxes.
- Will I be billed for extra weight?
- Yes, if your tonnage exceeds the tonnage allowance included in your order, additional disposal charges will apply. The excess disposal rate will be quoted on your sales receipt.
- When and how do I pay for the dumpster?
- All dumpster orders are pre-paid. We accept payment by most major credit cards. If you incur additional charges, they will be added to your credit card as incurred.
Know the Lingo
- Dumpster – Roll Off – Open Top – Container – Box – Construction Box – Roll Back – Debris Box
- All of these words are used to describe a dumpster.
- This word is used to describe volume, or simply how much debris the dumpster can hold. Dumpsters are measured in cubic yards.
- Haul & Tonnage – Haul & Disposal – Pick Up & Dump – Flat Rate
- These terms are used to describe different ways to charge you for the same thing. As discussed on our Roll Off Dumpster 101 page, it is imperative to consider the ALL IN cost of a dumpster rental when comparing service providers.
- Release – Removal – Pick Up
- Just means, we are done with the dumpster, please come and get it.
- Swap – Swap Out – Pick Up – Exchange – Dump and Return
- All mean that you have filled your dumpster, need it removed and an empty one put in its place.
- Install – Delivery – What are we installing?
- This one speaks for itself.